Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Bronchiectasis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Why did I develop this problem?
- Am I contagious?
- How often should I provide a sample of mucus for culture at the laboratory?
- What are the signs and symptoms of an exacerbation?
- What should I do when I experience an exacerbation?
- Is there anything I can do to prevent an exacerbation?
- What if the medications you prescribe for me don’t help me feel better, even though I take them as directed?
- Should I take an over-the-counter cough and cold product?
- Can you recommend anything that can help me with the emotional toll of having lung disease?
This content was developed in partnership with the CHEST Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American College of Chest Physicians.