Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Bronchiectasis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Why did I develop this problem?
- Am I contagious?
- How often should I provide a sample of mucus for culture at the laboratory?
- What are the signs and symptoms of an exacerbation?
- What should I do when I experience an exacerbation?
- Is there anything I can do to prevent an exacerbation?
- What if the medications you prescribe for me don’t help me feel better, even though I take them as directed?
- Should I take an over-the-counter cough and cold product?
- Can you recommend anything that can help me with the emotional toll of having lung disease?
Page Last Updated: March 16, 2018