Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Asbestosis
If you are seen by your primary care doctor, you can ask him to refer you to a doctor who has experience in managing asbestosis. When you are diagnosed with asbestosis, you and loved ones are likely to have many concerns and questions. These reactions are natural, and it can be hard for you to know what to ask your doctor. Here are some questions that you may want to ask your doctor:
- How and why did I get asbestosis?
- How advanced is my disease?
- What is the best treatment for my condition?
- What will my symptoms be?
- What symptoms should alert me to go to see a doctor?
- What medications will I be given?
- What other treatments besides drugs are helpful?
- What is my prognosis?
- How much experience do you have managing asbestosis?
- Should I get a second opinion? Can you recommend someone?
- Am I a candidate for lung transplantation?
- What is the difference between asbestosis, pleural plaques and mesothelioma?
- Can asbestos cause other lung problems besides fibrosis and cancer?
- My office has asbestos insulation. Will it cause lung problems?