This one hour and 45-minute program focuses on school faculty and staff as a critical link in the effort to maintain a network of support for asthmatic students that can proactively reduce or prevent asthma crises and minimize areas of liability.
- Prepare faculty and staff to support students with asthma.
- Improve confidence of teachers and other school staff to deal with and prevent asthma-related incidents at school.
Asthma 101 programs can be scheduled at the most convenient time for you! Presentations for Parent Groups are available as well. Please consult your calendar and call 1-800-LUNGUSA to schedule today!
The American Lung Association's Open Airways for Schools (OAS) is an asthma management program for schoolchildren aged 8-11 who have been diagnosed with asthma.
The program's goals are to:
- improve asthma self-management skills
- decrease asthma emergencies
- raise asthma awareness among parents/guardians
- promote broader asthma management coordination among physicians, parents and schools
For information on Open Airways for Schools in your community, please contact your local Lung Association office by calling 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872).