Oregon Thoracic Society
SAVE THE DATE
57th Annual Chest Disease Conference - February 14-17, 2019
This conference is jointly sponsored by the American Thoracic Society, Oregon Thoracic Society and the American Lung Association in Oregon. The conference is designed to cover a broad spectrum of clinical pulmonary and critical care topics geared towards physicians and allied health professionals in pulmonary and critical care medicine, thoracic surgery, allergy, infectious disease, family practice and internal medicine. Participants learn about the principles of diagnosis and treatment of common and unusual conditions for which recent new management strategies are available. The conference is held at Sunriver Conference Center in Central Oregon and the schedule is arranged for both educational and recreational opportunities. Learn more
The Oregon Thoracic Society is the medical advisory section of the American Lung Association in Oregon and is dedicated to assisting the ALAO in program development and delivery, fundraising, and public education for patients with respiratory diseases. OTS is a recognized chapter of the American Thoracic Society.
Thoracic Society Objectives:
- Promote collegial interaction among clinicians, other health care providers, and basic scientists concerned with respiratory diseases and critical care medicine.
- Provide clinicians and other health care providers with current information--including the best current opinions--on the detection, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of respiratory diseases and on current practices of critical care medicine.
- Promote through grants and publications scholarly investigation into clinical, pathological, epidemiological, and basic science research covering the entire field of respiratory diseases.
- Hold an annual scientific meeting and sponsor other continuing educational activities to promote postgraduate education in respiratory diseases and critical care.
- Advise the American Lung Association of Oregon on medical and scientific aspects of its program. Also to support ALAO in its efforts to promote community health.
- Promulgate practice standards and outcome measures for clinical care of respiratory and critical illnesses.
- Assist state and county health programs to control and eradicate health problems related to respiratory disease, such as tuberculosis, environmental air pollution, and smoking.
2017-2019 OTS Executive Committee
The OTS is the Medical Section of the American Lung Association of Oregon. It is administered by a Steering Committee, which consists of officers, the ATS Representative Councilor, the immediate past-president, the chairmen of any standing committees, and the ALAO President-Elect. OTS is represented on various committees of the American Lung Association in Oregon with the President serving on its Leadership Council.
Richard Mularski, MD, MSHS, MCR
Erika Moseson, MD
Hernan Avella, MD
Stephanie Nonas, MD
Eric Walter, MD
CDC Conference Co-Chairs
David Coultas, MD
Holly Vanni, MD
Executive Director - Oregon
Please let us know any Questions about the Oregon Thoracic Society.