Southeast Thoracic Association (SETA)
Medical Section of the American Lung Association of the Southeast, Inc.
ADVOCACY – EDUCATION – RESEARCH
The American Lung Association of the Southeast, Inc. (ALASE) relies on its medical section, the Southeast Thoracic Association (SETA) to:
- Promote excellence in the management, prevention and control of lung disease;
- Provide educational opportunities for physicians and other lung patient healthcare providers;
- Assist the American Lung Association of the Southeast, Inc. in the review and recommendation for approval of funding of research grants;
- Help educate Lung Association volunteers, staff and the general public about the prevention and treatment of lung disease;
- Represent the membership and interact with governmental and other regulatory agencies as an advocate for the mission of the American Lung Association of the Southeast, Inc.; and
- Support the American Lung Association’s fund raising efforts which benefit local communities.
The leadership of the American Lung Association of the Southeast and the the Southeast Thoracic Association recognize that this member-driven organization has an enormous opportunity to serve the pulmonary medicine community by delivering quality educational programs, partnering with the Lung Association in a manner beneficial to the communities in which we live and becoming an effective advocacy group, both for the healthcare community and the general public.
Southeast Thoracic Association leadership will encourage a diverse membership so the organization reflects the communities we serve to effectively respond to its needs. Representation will include not only physicians and surgeons but also nurses, respiratory therapists and all other individuals involved in the care of patients with lung diseases.
SETA JOB BOARD
SETA members post job listings to include positions for graduating fellows, in addition to physician assistants, nurse practitioners and respiratory therapists.
Two annual conferences provide health professionals an opportunity to learn the latest developments in pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine and to earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits:
Pulmonary WinterCourse - Addressing controversies and hot topics in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
Tri-State Consecutive Case Conference on Lung Disease - Debating the controversies the textbooks don’t address
SEPTEMBER 13-15, 2019 | Ponte Vedra Inn Conference Center | Ponte Vedra Beach, FL