From Your Local Lung Association
There are thousands of Californians affected by lung disease. Over the past year, the American Lung Association in California provided educational programs that gave patients, caregivers, and medical professionals updated resources and tools needed to manage lung disease and improve patients’ quality of life:
- Better Breathers Symposiums provided over 200 adults living with lung disease, family members, and caregivers information on how to live a better quality of life. Volunteers from respiratory therapy programs assisted community members with limited mobility, making it easier for patients to participate and ask questions comfortably.
- More than 1,500 Californians completed the 8-session Freedom From Smoking program to help them quit smoking for good.
- No one deserves to be isolated or alone while managing their lung disease. Our 45 Better Breathers Clubs (BBC) across California provides a safe and inclusive meeting space for thousands of people living with lung disease including COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, asthma, and Alpha-1.
- Our Asthma Educator Institute (AEI) trained medical professionals from 18 cities on how they can better help asthma patients manage their disease. AEI also provided certifications to medical professionals so they can provide best practices on asthma management.
- The LUNG FORCE Expo in San Diego welcomed over 200 lung disease patients, caregivers and health care professionals to learn more about COPD, asthma, lung cancer and pulmonary fibrosis. The day was filled with inspirational speakers, researchers, panelists, and local exhibitors.
We are able to deliver these programs because of your continued support and commitment for lung health. Thank you for helping us make these programs a success.