Better Breathers Club, Pinnacle Health
January 25, 201712:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m. - November 22, 2017
Camp Hill Giant- Community Room
3301 E. Trindle Road Camp Hill, PA 17011
If you are interested in finding out more about our Better Breathers Clubs or attending one of our meetings, please contact Sherry Winters, SWinters@PINNACLEHEALTH.org or (717) 782-5366.
4th Wednesday every other month starting in January 2017.
- January 25, 2017
- March 22, 2017
- May 24, 2017
- July 26, 2017
- September 27, 2017
- November 22, 2017
The purpose of the Pinnacle Health and ALA Better Breathers Club (BBC) is to offer patient-centered and community-based educational opportunities and support to persons with chronic lung disease (especially COPD, but also asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer and other chronic lung diseases) and their families, friends and support persons.
The goal of our BBC support groups is to improve the quality of life and functional status for members by providing disease-specific education and emotional connection which may prevent exacerbations requiring medical care, thereby reducing the health, economic and social burden of lung disease. Some of the objectives of the program include:
- Providing those with lung disease with the education and skills needed to achieve the highest level of functioning given the severity of their disease.
- Teaching members and their families the basic concepts and techniques of pulmonary self-care, including coping skills.
- Introducing new concepts in the care and treatment options for people with chronic lung disease.
- Providing an opportunity for members to share ideas and solutions to common problems on an ongoing basis.
- Providing members with an opportuni ty to share the psychological and social benefits of group interaction and problem solving.
- Promoting awareness about warning signs and symptoms and when to call a doctor vs. when to go to the Emergency Department
- Reviewing and reinforcing any prior education about lung disease and its management.
The Betters Breathers Club has become a national recognized, highly valued community-based program that fills an important need for people living with chronic lung disease.
Through collaboration with the ALA, PinnacleHealth has been able to provide resources to establish two BBC’s in the area.
If you are interested in our Better Breather's Club in Harrisburg, click here.