N-O-T Not On Tobacco Colorado
Not On Tobacco (N-O-T) is the American Lung Association's voluntary smoking cessation program for teens 14-19. Over the 10-week program, participants learn to identify their reasons for smoking, healthy alternatives to tobacco use, and people who will support them in their efforts to quit.
The best thing about N-O-T? It really works. N-O-T is a structured approach to smoking cessation based on the social cognitive theory. Studies of 12,000 teens participating in the N-O-T program nationally found that approximately 90 percent of the teens enrolled in the N-O-T program either quit smoking or cut back.
The American Lung Association provides:
- Free Facilitator Certification training
- All curriculum materials
- Swaggy incentives for youth participants
- Funds to support implementation
- $100 thank you stipend for each group facilitated
Follow the links below for more information.
See N-O-T videos online!
30-second youth commercial
Video for school faculty (clip)
Thursday, January 14, 2016 - Golden, CO
- Attendance Form
- Budget Form
- Meeting Invitation Cards
- Videos on loan and free prevention resources from the Health and Learning Resource Center
- Recruitment Poster
For additional information about the N-O-T Program, contact us.