ONE Step Training
ONE Step Training: Using ONE Step and Asthma Management to Protect Children
The American Lung Association in Colorado's FREE Educating the Educators training will provides training and free resources on asthma management and Secondhand Smoke (SHS) to early childhood educators to equip them to educate parents, through health-focused messaging, about removing asthma triggers and SHS from their homes. This training includes the basics of asthma management, teaches them how to create an asthma program at their child care center, while teaching them about the harms of SHS. Each Early Childhood Educator will learn how to speak to parents in a non-threatening, health-focused way about protecting their children from SHS. Free resources include: a toolkit to reference, posters, DVD’s and information to talk to families about SHS and Asthma.
Attendees will receive:
• 1.5 Continuing Education Credits!
• FREE resources!!
• The knowledge and confidence to talk with parents about the harmful effects of Secondhand Smoke
• Free snacks
• Information on how to strengthen tobacco policies in their center/home or school
• Information on how to encourage "no smoking" policies in air shared by children at any time in any place
• Tips on how to discuss how to better care for children with asthma while also sharing important messages with parents about triggers associated with their child's asthma.
If you are a childcare provider or an early childhood educator and would like to learn more about a free training in your area around protecting children from Secondhand smoke and asthma please contact us.