Woodstove Changeout Program
Save your money while saving lives
- Improve air quality
- Burn resources more effectively
- Beat increasing oil prices
It saves lives by reducing indoor air pollution by 70%
Improve air quality in our neighborhood by replacing old, high polluting and inefficient woodstoves with new EPA Certified wood, pellet and gas stoves.
At this time the American Lung Association is running two wood stove changeout programs for residents of Rockingham County in New Hampshire and the following towns of Oxford and Franklin Counties in Maine: Andover, Byron, Canton, Carthage, Dixfield, Farmington, Hanover, Peru, Mexico, Roxbury and Rumford and Wilton.
Details for each program vary slightly.
How much are the vouchers worth?
- Vouchers for Rumford River Valley Communities are for $1000.
In Rockingham County New Hampshire:
- Switch from a non-EPA certified wood stove to a new EPA certified wood stove, get $1,000.
- Switch from a non-EPA certified wood stove to a new EPA certified pellet stove or gas stove, get $2000.
How do I qualify?
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident and homeowner of Rockingham County, New Hampshire OR
- Be a resident and homeowner in the following towns of Oxford and Franklin Counties: Andover, Byron, Canton, Carthage, Dixfield, Farmington, Hanover, Peru, Mexico, Roxbury, Rumford and Wilton, Maine
- Currently be using a non-EPA certified wood stove or older hydronic heater. Coal or cook stove replacements are NOT included.
- Agree to turn in your non-EPA certified stove to a participating retailer and replace it with a new EPA Certified wood, pellet or gas stove.
- Have the stove professionally installed by a participating retailer who will assure that the stove installation meets all appropriate building and safety codes (no do-it-yourself installations)
Application and Instructions