May 28, 2016 | - June 3, 2016
Come join us for a magical summer camp experience! Camp Not-A-Wheeze is the the premier residential camp of its kind in Arizona providing children with asthma from all over the state a safe, traditional summer camp experience. Camp takes place at the Friendly Pines facility in Prescott, where children participate in activities ranging from horse back riding, hiking, canoeing, fishing and more while also attending asthma education class to learn more about properly managing their asthma. Campers are accompanied throughout the week by licensed medical professionals who volunteer to ensure a safe, well monitored environment.
Read more in our 2016 Camp Not-A-Wheeze brochure!
- Arizona children ages 7-14 with moderate to severe asthma
- A complete application needs to be submitted to the American Lung Association
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a spot at Camp. You will be notified of your acceptance after review of your application.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit must accompany your application.
- Camperships (financial aid) are available to those that qualify. Please turn in a Campership Application with your Camper Application
Camp Not-A-Wheeze is accepting volunteer applications for licensed medical professionals. Join us for this incredible summer adventure! Medical volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Valid license from the state of Arizona as a Physician, Respiratory Therapist, Nurse, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist or Paramedic.
- Commit to 3 1/2 or 7 days at camp (Volunteers are encouraged to commit for the entire week)
- Current CPR certification
- Must pass a background clearance (Completed by the ALAA)
Camp Not-A-Wheeze Gets Results!
Camp Not-A-Wheeze 2015 evaluations showed that campers increased their knowledge of asthma:
- 31% related to triggers
- 15% related to etiology
- 14% related to management
In addition, studies indicate that asthma camps decrease a child's anxiety, symptoms, exacerbations, school absences, emergency department visits, and hospitalizations; while also providing cost-savings of more than $2,000 per child in the year following participation in asthma camp.
For more information, please contact 602-258-7507 or PhoenixPrograms@Lungs.org.