New Therapies, Lung Cancer Screening Highlights of LUNG FORCE Expo Kansas City
(May 16, 2018) -
For more information please contact:
The full agenda for the American Lung Association’s 2018 LUNG FORCE Expo was released today.
This year’s LUNG FORCE Expo, set for June 15 in Kansas City Marriott Downtown, is designed for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers and will feature a full day of presentations about the latest trends, resources and research surrounding lung cancer, COPD, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension.
The LUNG FORCE Expo includes a professional track for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and other lung health professionals. Highlights of the professional program include:
- Keynote presentation on screening and advancements in lung cancer by Dr. Joseph Stilwill from Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
- An update on tobacco and vaping products by Dr. Alvin Singh from Children’s Mercy Kansas City.
- An exhibition on the importance of pulmonary rehab by Dr. Michelle Homan from Menorah Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants.
The LUNG FORCE Expo patients/caregivers program educates patients living with lung disease and their caregivers about tools to stay connected and become advocates for their own healthcare. Highlights of the patients/caregivers program include:
- A presentation on how to be a smart patient presented by staff from the North Kansas City Hospital Pulmonary Rehab Department.
- Informative session on how to start and continue exercise with lung disease by Melissa Davis, a personal trainer and Cancer Exercise Specialist with Cancer Action.
- A session on the benefits of palliative care by Gloria Soendker, the Manager of Palliative Care with Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care.
The full agenda is available on the LUNG FORCE Expo website.
Healthcare professionals as well as patients living with lung disease or lung cancer are invited to attend the event on June 15. Registration is now open. To learn more and to register visit the LUNG FORCE Expo website or call 913-353-9169.
About the American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy. The work of the American Lung Association is focused on four strategic imperatives: to defeat lung cancer; to improve the air we breathe; to reduce the burden of lung disease on individuals and their families; and to eliminate tobacco use and tobacco-related diseases. For more information about the American Lung Association, a holder of the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Guide Seal, or to support the work it does, call 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872) or visit: Lung.org.