Don’t Be A Target: Tips for Protecting Yourself in Today’s Medicare World at Centennial Hills Hospital Better Breathers Club
(October 27, 2015) - North Las Vegas, NV
The American Lung Association in Nevada invites persons with lung health disease, their loved ones and caregivers to join us on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Conference Room at Centennial Hills Hospital for our monthly Better Breathers Club.
November’s topic, Don’t Be A Target: Tips for Protecting Yourself in Today’s Medicare World, will be presented by Lori Powers with the Nevada Senior Medicare Patrol. Ms. Powers will explain how to prevent healthcare fraud and avoid senior scams.
Ms. Powers may be contacted for media interviews at 702-486-4320 or at [email protected].
Better Breathers Club meetings are free and open to the public. A light lunch snack will be served. The Better Breathers Club is an educational and social support group for people with lung health disease, their loved ones and caregivers. We meet at the following locations and times each month:
• Boulder City Senior Center, 813 Arizona Street, Boulder City, NV 89005, 3rd Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Bob Bouchard, RCP, Vital Care, 702-384-2424
• Centennial Hills Hospital Conference Room, 6900 N. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89149, 2nd Tuesday, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00p.m., Henry Clay, RRT-NPS, 702-835-9898
• Desert View Regional Hospital, 360 South Lola Lane, Pahrump, NV 89048, 3rd Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., John Foresee, Director of Respiratory Therapy, 775-751-750
• Prestige Care at Mira Loma, 2520 Wigwam Parkway, Henderson, NV 89074, Last Friday, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Richard Davis, 702-431-6348
• St. Rose Women's Care and Outreach Center, 2651 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Ste. 180 Henderson, NV 89074, 1st Thursday, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Kimberlee Kobernik, WomensCare Coordinator, Barbara Greenspun WomensCare Center, 702-616-4910
• United in Hope: Lung Cancer Survivors Support Group, Kindred Hospital Las Vegas, 2250 E. Flamingo Road Las Vegas, NV 89119, Lysa Buonanno at 702-353-2039 or [email protected]
For media interested in speaking with an expert about lung health, COPD or our Better Breathers Clubs, contact the American Lung Association at [email protected] or 312-801-7628.
About the American Lung Association in Nevada
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy. The work of the American Lung Association is focused on four strategic imperatives: to defeat lung cancer; to improve the air we breathe; to reduce the burden of lung disease on individuals and their families; and to eliminate tobacco use and tobacco-related diseases. For more information about the American Lung Association, a holder of the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Guide Seal, or to support the work it does, call 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872) or visit the newly redesigned website: Lung.org.
About the New Lung.org
As the nation’s premier resource for lung health, the new Lung.org has been redesigned with a focus on user experience on desktop, tablet and mobile devices. From the doctor’s office to the family dinner table, individuals with a lung disease and their support teams are able to access lung health resources and information the moment they need it.
About Better Breathers Clubs
Better Breathers Clubs, an American Lung Association Signature Program, offer the opportunity to learn ways to better cope with COPD while getting the support of others who share in your struggles. These support groups give you the tools you need to live the best quality of life you can. Better Breathers Clubs meet regularly and feature educational presentations on a wide range of relevant topics. If you feel alone and isolated, these support groups can help. It feels good to talk with others who understand, which has a positive impact on your health.