Ready to Make a Difference?
Volunteers play a vital role at the American Lung Association. If you have a passion for healthy lungs and healthy air, see how far your talents can lead you.
We count on volunteers—of all levels—to become involved, engaged and passionate about our mission. There are many ways to volunteer that are fulfilling and make a real impact. For example:
- Advocacy Efforts – Share your story on our website to help raise awareness about the importance of healthy lungs and health air Asthma and COPD Programs – Volunteer to teach an Open Airways for Schools class, lead a Better Breathers Club gathering or one of many other local opportunities.
- Share Your Medical Expertise – Physicians and other medical professionals are always welcome to serve on advisory boards and expert panels. Your professional expertise is invaluable.
- Share Your Professional Skills – If it's the right fit, your professional or business skills could be a valuable asset to a local board or leadership team.
- Tobacco Education – Volunteer to facilitate a Freedom From Smoking® program or another tobacco cessation/prevention group.
- Special Events – Volunteers play an integral role at our special events and fundraisers.
Meet Our Volunteers
Volunteers provide assistance both locally and nationally. Here are some of their stories Learn more about some of our featured volunteers »
Whatever your interests and skills, we have a volunteer opportunity that's right for you. See what's available and sign up to learn more »