Thanks to All Senators Who Voted No on the Healthcare Bill
Your Calls Made the Difference
JULY 28, 2017 UPDATE: The Senate heard our message and voted on a bipartisan basis in the early morning hours of Friday, July 28 to reject the healthcare bill that would have repealed key parts of the Affordable Care Act. This bill would have had a devastating impact on Americans living with COPD, asthma, lung cancer and other lung diseases, leaving many without the quality and affordable healthcare they urgently need.
Now we can work in a bipartisan fashion to shape future healthcare legislation in a way that prioritizes the core principals put forth collectively by patient groups.
Thank you to all who called your senators urging them to reject the healthcare bill. Your calls made this victory possible!
It’s time to THANK OUR SENATORS who voted "no" for making the right decision for lung health.
How to call your two senators in Washington
- First, check to see if your senators voted “NAY” (no) on the healthcare bill.
- Then, find their names and phone numbers by typing in your zip code on our website.
Please only call and thank senators who voted NO on the healthcare bill.
To maximize the impact of these calls, please make your calls between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET.
What to say when you call
Remember, you may have to leave a voicemail or keep calling back.
- My name is [INSERT NAME] and I'm calling from [INSERT STATE.]
- I'm calling today to thank Senator [INSERT NAME] for voting NO on the Senate's healthcare bill and protecting coverage for millions of patients.
- I know how important healthcare is for my family and me.
- [SHARE YOUR 1-2 SENTENCE STORY ABOUT WHY HEALTHCARE IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.]
- I appreciate Senator [INSERT NAME] for standing up for our lungs and opposing the healthcare bill.
- Thank you.
Share with family and friends to encourage them to call their two senators today!