Special Events Manager (WI #1617-28)
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Special Events Manager to join our incredible team in our Brookfield, WI Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with assigned aspects related to the coordination and execution of annual fundraising events including the LUNG FORCE Walk, Fight for Air Climb and Oxygen Ball. Responsibilities include achievement of revenue goals through volunteer recruitment, participant coaching, team and relationship building, marketing, and logistics.
- Working together with other members of the events team, meets or exceeds annual revenue goals. Plays a key role on the Wisconsin Special Events Team and the ALAUM Development Team.
- Together with the Gala Director staffs the Oxygen Ball Committee.
- Coaches both LUNG FORCE Walk and Fight for Air Climb team captains and fundraising volunteers.
- Manages volunteer recruitment, e-communications, timeline and effective strategy for a successful event.
- Oversees all event solicitations. Oversees budget and logistics preparation. Works closely with a variety of vendors and venues necessary for event execution.
- Oversees and manages event project timelines. Monitors and prepares ongoing event progress reports. Evaluates event results and prepares recommendations for future events as needed.
- Recruits, coordinates and coaches community event team captains and volunteers. Cultivates relationships and effectively engages volunteers. Works with the Development team to cultivate event attendees.
- Works closely with regional colleagues.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications department in the creation of special events promotional materials.
- special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- Three-five years of fundraising experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management and securing volunteer targets.
- Demonstrated success in planning and managing fundraising events.
- Able to communicate (verbal and written) and work effectively with volunteers and staff.
- Able to manage details and follow through with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in relationship cultivation.
- Computer proficiency.
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends. Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V