Manager, Tobacco Control (WI #1617-40)
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Manager, Tobacco Control to join our incredible team in our Brookfield, WI Office.
In this role, you will identify, contact and engage potential tobacco control coalition members and supporters in Waukesha, Dodge and Jefferson counties. Plan, implement and evaluate interventions focused on working with communities on tobacco control policies and practices. Provide resources, coordination and leadership to the coalition as it moves forward with its mission. Build capacity at the local level including outreach to key local and state leaders, media advocacy, compliance checks, FACT groups, smoke free multi-unit housing community through outreach and education. This position will also coordinate efforts with other tobacco control activities occurring in the three county area and state.
- Facilitate the building and development of partnerships and coalition.
- Recruit and engage stakeholders and supporters in three county area.
- Plan and implement interventions identified in the grant: Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program Multi-Jurisdictional Coalitions.
- Develop and manage work plans for activities related to the interventions.
- Provide community education and assistance to support tobacco policy goals.
- Communicate and work closely with a broad cross-section of members of the public health, medical professionals and decision makers.
- Submit tracking and information for quarterly reports and evaluation purposes.
- Attend and actively participate in local and regional meetings related to the project.
- Participate in regular contract administration meetings and teleconferences.
- Submit timely responses to TPCP requests for information and reporting utilizing required formats.
- Integrate efforts to eliminate tobacco-related disparities in work plan activities.
- Communicate and collaborate with other MJCs, networks and state partners.
- Manage and/or conduct compliance checks using the standard protocol, involving local law enforcement agencies.
- Conduct media outreach and public outreach activities for each county.
- Enter data quarterly using the online WI Wins system.
- Participate in any required WI Wins trainings/and or webinars.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and 2-3 years of experience in public health or related field.
- Experience in grassroots organizing as well as an understanding of tobacco control policy and advocacy. Experience in non-profit organization.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including personal, written and public speaking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Works effectively as a team leader and coalition member.
- Proficient in basic computer skills specifically word processing and use of the internet.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend events as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALAUM policy.)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V