Regional Manager, Special Events (UM #1718-37)
City: Overland Park; Chicago; Springfield; Indianapolis; Urbandale; Duluth; St. Paul; Clayton; Omaha; Brookfield
State: Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Indiana
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Regional Manager, Special Events to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be lead operations for the region's special events, with a primary focus on signature campaigns and will be responsible for contributing to the expansion of regional special events revenue through the strategic and tactical development of campaign reporting, regional resources, and training. You will also lead the implementation of best practices through training and ongoing staff support.
- Prepare and distribute weekly event management tools to assist in benchmarking and forecasting progress toward revenue, participant and team goals.
- Oversee the implementation of best practices including online fundraising, material development, timelines, communication plans, and event execution.
- Participate in the onboarding of new staff and delivers tailored trainings to staff as needed. Training topics include CRM, event website admin features, using available tracking tools, regional and national resources, vendor relationships, participant communications and coaching, event timelines, and best practice execution.
- Manage the localization and implementation of national campaign tools and resources including event websites, e-communications, participant incentives, toolkits, and acknowledgements.
- Manage vendor relationships for incentives, event materials, t-shirts, and other products, including inventory and customer service issues.
- Manage the localization and maintenance of event websites and e-commerce resources.
- Support specific markets and interim responsibilities as necessary.
- Review internal manuals and guides annually and assist with updates and edits.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly conference calls for events staff for each signature campaign.
- Respond to questions and needs of individual market staff.
- Provide onsite support throughout the region as needed.
- When appropriate, serve as regional liaison to national staff regarding online services, communications and marketing, and special events.
- Other projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Development
- Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required
- Minimum of four years of fundraising or related work experience preferred.
- Experience in peer-to-peer-based non-profit special events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated project management skills including prioritizing projects with multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently in a team-based and goal-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide impeccable customer service and support.
- Proficiency in MS Office required, Convio/ROI preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout the Upper Midwest Region.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have the ability to work nights and weekends with some overnights required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V