Manager, Tobacco Control and Lung Health (NE #1617-36)
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Manager, Tobacco Control and Lung Health to join our incredible team in our Omaha, NE Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the implementation of mission activities in tobacco control, smoking cessation and lung health with focus in Nebraska.
- Manage, implement and evaluate tobacco control and lung health programs including but not limited to Tobacco Control initiatives, Freedom From Smoking, LUNG FORCE Expos and Better Breather Clubs throughout Nebraska.
- Develop and effectively manage timelines and plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Facilitate and organize meetings, conferences and trainings as assigned.
- Develop and identify strategies for marketing programs and services.
- Identify partnership and grant funding opportunities with other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals.
- Create and maintain project budgets for Nebraska and ensure spending is appropriate and accurate.
- Develop written and online technological tools for programmatic use including power point presentations, surveys and evaluation instruments.
- Represent ALA on local coalitions and committees.
- Adhere to ALA’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate reporting of grant or project deliverables and activities.
- Work with grants team in submitting government and foundation grant proposals.
- Participate on ALAUM Mission teams.
- Perform other mission work as assigned from advocacy and clean air divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of experience in public health or related field.
- Experience in coalition building and community health development.
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALAUM.
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Strategic in developing/maintaining relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to attend events as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALAUM policy).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V