Development Intern (Omaha, NE)
The Development Intern will work with the American Lung Association staff to implement signature events and engage participants across the state of Nebraska
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association & nonprofit operations
- Become knowledgeable about Nebraska mission-driven programs and Signature Special Events
- Participate in staff meetings and webinar learning opportunities
- Understand branding guidelines and implementation
- Create portfolio upon completion of internship
- Special Events
- Assist with volunteer communication, outreach, and recruitment
- Create, disseminate and manage marketing and promotion
- Utilize internet & traditional marketing resources to advertise event (social media)
- Assist in securing in-kind donations
- Assist with mailings
- Assist with data entry
- Assist special event coordinator in event participant troubleshooting
- Coordinate the thank you letters, recognition for sponsors, contributors, participants & volunteers
- Recruitment, coaching and thank you phone calls
Un-Paid Internship Position, must be eligible for course credit
Schedule: 10-12 Hours/week minimum
Office Location: 8990 W. Dodge Road Suite 226, Omaha, NE 68114
- We seek an enthusiastic and reliable individual who is interested in developing a career in fundraising.
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Ability to multi-task, strong writing skills, perform in a team environment, willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher
- Comfortable speaking to patients, volunteers, & sponsors
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume (include job title in subject of email) to:
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V