Senior Manager, Special Events (STP #1617-38)
City: St. Paul
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Senior Manager, Special Events to join our incredible team in our St. Paul, MN Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for raising $450,000 through two annual special events, the Fight for Air Climb and the Oxygen Ball. This position is responsible for all aspects related to revenue, campaign management and execution of these two annual fundraising events. This includes committee engagement, securing sponsorship, participant recruitment, volunteer management, team building, communications, budget, timeline, evaluation and logistics.
- Work together with other members of the development staff, meets or exceeds annual revenue goals.
- Play a key role on the St. Paul staff and the ALAUM Development Team.
- Together with the Executive Director staff the Fight for Air Climb and Oxygen Ball Executive Leadership Teams, with a focus on corporate partnerships.
- Lead the Fight for Air Climb and Oxygen Ball Planning Committees, to enhance participant recruitment and execute logistics.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of corporate partnership prospects and relationships, with a focus on event sponsorships and corporate teams.
- Develop and implement a plan for building event participation and fundraising, using fundraising strategies and best practices.
- Oversee and manage all event communications including print, mail, e-communications.
- Responsible for managing events through online systems including Convio, Greater Giving and an addition CRM platform.
- Oversee budget and logistics preparation.
- Work closely with a variety of vendors and venues necessary for event execution.
- Oversee and manage event project timelines.
- Monitor and prepare ongoing event progress reports.
- Evaluate event results and prepares recommendations for future events as needed.
- Recruit, coordinate and coach community event team captains and fundraising volunteers.
- Cultivate relationships and effectively engages volunteers.
- Work with the Development team to cultivate event attendees.
- Work closely with regional colleagues.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department in the creation of special events promotional materials.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing or related field preferred. Four – five years of fundraising experience preferred.
- Demonstrate success in external relationship management securing volunteer targets.
- Demonstrate success in planning and managing fundraising events.
- Able to communicate (verbal and written) and work effectively with volunteers and staff.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in relationship cultivation.
- Computer proficiency.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have the flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V