Program Manager, Tobacco Control (Mankato #1617-24)
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Program Manager, Tobacco Control to join our incredible team in our Mankato, MN area.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, contacting and engaging potential members and supporters in south-central Minnesota, organize and recruit for meetings and events, and provide resources, coordination and leadership to the coalition as it moves forward with its mission. Building, supporting and maintaining a diverse coalition or campaign of engaged community members tasked with generating broad public and elected official support for tobacco and smoke-free policies.
- Facilitate the building and development of partners and coalitions.
- Track and report duties for quarterly reports and evaluation purposes.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to community groups.
- Recruit and engage stakeholders and supporters in south central MN.
- Coordinate meetings and events. Provide resources to supporters and partners.
- Provide education and assistance to support tobacco policy.
- Work closely with a broad cross-section of members of the public health, medical professionals and decision makers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health education, social work or related field.
- Two to three years’ experience in health education, social work, community organizing or related field.
- Experience in grassroots organizing as well as an understanding of tobacco control policy and advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including personal, written and public speaking.
- Proficient computer skills specifically word processing and use of the internet.
- Work effectively as a team leader and coalition member.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to attend events as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALAUM policy).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V