Manager, Clean Air (STP #1617-26)
City: St. Paul
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Manager, Clean Air to join our incredible team in our St. Paul, MN Office.
The Clean Air Programs of the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is a multifaceted program centered on reducing exposure to the dangerous effects of air pollution, by preventing pollution at its sources. Activities focus on increasing understanding of the link between air quality and lung health, increasing availability and use of cleaner fuel and vehicle technologies and reducing emissions from power plants.
In this role, you will be responsible for accomplishing the Clean Air program objectives by planning and implementing activities, building partnerships, and developing innovative strategies to support these activities in Minnesota.
- Reduce air pollution through activities that increase the use of alternative fuel vehicles and clean energy.
- Develop and effectively manage timelines and plans to ensure completion of program deliverables within budget.
- Create educational materials to support the program.
- Facilitate and organize workshops, promotions and meetings on various clean air topics.
- Regularly and openly communicate with Director and other Clean Air program staff.
- Support fundraising for Clean Air program activities and personnel, through partnership development and grant writing.
- Adhere to ALA’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate reporting of grant deliverables and activities.
- Represent the Clean Air programs at meetings, workshops and events.
- Serve as spokesperson for the Clean Air programs through broadcast, radio, print, and electronic media.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, environment, science or related field.
- Two or more years of experience in community health, environmental health or related field.
- Experience in event coordination.
- Experience in communications.
- Experience in partnership development and partnership management.
- Experience in community education and outreach.
- Experience in grant writing desirable.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the American Lung Association and this initiative.
- Knowledge of air quality, sources of air pollutants and their effects.
- Knowledge of alternative fuels, refueling equipment and advanced technology vehicles is desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to execute communications through social media.
- Excellent technical communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills in order to execute specific program deliverables.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to develop/maintain relationships with professionals (fleet, fuel, agency, environmental, medical) and members of the public.
- Ability to work well with others who may have different positions or perspectives.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to attend meetings as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALA policy).
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use of tobacco in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V