Mission Services Student Intern
City: Overland Park
The Mission Services Student Intern manages the implementation of mission activities in tobacco control, smoking cessation and lung health with focus on the greater Kansas City metropolitan area.
Manager, Tobacco Control and Lung Health (Kansas City)
Director, Tobacco Control and Lung Health (St. Louis)
No supervisory responsibilities
- Focus on tobacco point of sale project implementation and coordination
- Focus on tobacco education outreach and community involvement
- Accompany ALA staff on tobacco retail assessments training
- Complete tobacco retail store assessments and enter data
- Assist with volunteer coordination for various programs and tasks
- Attend health fairs and other lung health events in the community as requested, and evaluate attendance results
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Mission Services Program Evaluation
- Collect and evaluate data on programs implemented
- Mission Services Recruitment
- Market and recruit participants and nonprofits to ALA lung health programs
- Fulfill requirements of school internship as they are compatible with the organizations' goals.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-3 years of experience in public health or related field.
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors level program or higher at a university
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALAUM.
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Strategic in developing/maintaining relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to attend events as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALAUM policy).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.