Manager, Lung Health (IN #1718-26)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Lung Health to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member of the Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of community outreach, home-based asthma environmental assessments and remediation, professional education programs, and conferences. This position is partially grant-funded.
- Fully participate on multistate American Lung Association team, including regular and open communication with Senior Manager of Lung Health
- Build asthma management capacity in the community through trainings, presentations, and partnerships
- Coordinate home-based environmental assessments and remediation for children with poorly controlled asthma
- Arrange for and execute professional education trainings for primary care clinic staff and other health care professionals
- Plan and execute an annual statewide lung health conference
- Manage logistics related to conferences, group in-person meetings, conference calls, and webinars
- Conduct community outreach and education, including broadcast, radio, print, and electronic media
- Provide health education presentations to public and professional groups, as appropriate
- Complete all requested updates and reports in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in public health, community health education, or related field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in related field.
- Experience in partnership development and partnership management.
- Experience in conference and event planning.
- Experience in community education and outreach.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission, vision, and initiatives of the American Lung Association.
- Ability to work seamlessly in both the health care and public health world.
- Solid knowledge of lung health management or ability to gain content expertise within four months.
- Excellent technical communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills, in order to execute specific program deliverables.
- Detail and timeline oriented.
- Established small and large group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer literate.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to attend events as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALA policy).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V