Development Associate (KS #1617-32)
City: Overland Park
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Development Associate to join our incredible team in our Overland Park, KS Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of special events, providing administrative support for development activities, and supporting office management.
- Process and acknowledge the donations, and complete necessary bank deposits and database documentation, for the following: Memorials, Workplace Giving, Matching Gifts, Individual and Foundation, Miscellaneous donations, and special event donations and payments.
- Manage the utilization of ALA databases and e-commerce platforms, Convio & ROI, serving as location lead on ROI. Work with the development staff to increase special event participation and revenue.
- Participate in the recruitment and cultivation of special event participants and volunteers.
- Serve as liaison for customer service for special event participants, volunteers and sponsors.
- Support the implementation of special events logistics.
- Support the implementation of special event e-communications, mailings and event acknowledgements.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department in the creation of special events promotional materials.
- Support Local Leadership Board meetings, activities and communications.
- Lead office management functions: answer all incoming calls, maintain general voicemail, provide timely customer service, process incoming and outgoing mail and shipments, maintain inventory of office equipment including copier and postage, complete monthly reconciliations for accounting and maintain inventory of office supplies, petty cash, and copy/supply room.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager and Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least one year of office support experience.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working in relationship management and e-commerce software (Convio and ROI experience preferred).
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer-service and relationship-building focus.
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V