Intern, Tobacco Control, Iowa
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Intern, Tobacco Control to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to contribute to assigned/required activities for the Community Partnership tobacco control grant funded by the Iowa Department of Public Health, Division of Tobacco Use Prevention & Control. This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week and must be eligible for course credit.
- Work in a team setting to achieve required/optional activities within the Community Partnership grant.
- Build and enhance community partnerships to achieve common goals.
- Develop strong program evaluation methods and reporting tools.
- Develop calendar year marketing plan for social media in regards to program of work.
- Communicate tobacco cessation programs available and free resources, such as Quitline Iowa, with communities and businesses in our service area.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in public health, community health, health education, environmental health, nursing, respiratory care, or related field.
- Strong project management skills required in order to research, develop, and execute program deliverables.
- Experience with public speaking and use of media.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies).
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend events and meetings as requested.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to (include job title in subject of email):
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V