Intern, Special Events
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has an exciting opportunity for a Special Events Intern.
You will work with the American Lung Association in Wisconsin staff to implement the LUNG FORCE Walk, Fight for Air Climb and O2 Oxygen Ball.
- Assist with research and identification of prospective partners
- Actively follow-up with event vendors, sponsors and participants
- Collect, organize, input and ensure accuracy of all registration information from participating sponsors and/or individuals for respective projects
- Assist with office duties, answer telephone, respond to event related emails and data entry
- Assist with volunteer coordination for all fundraising events
- Secure in-kind donations and logistical items for event day including refreshments, entertainment and auction items
- Perform other duties as assigned
Unpaid Internship: Position, course credit, if applicable
Schedule: 15-20 Hours/week schedule may be flexible, based on project requirements. Time commitment may increase as event/project deadlines approach.
Office Location: 13100 West Lisbon Road, Suite 700, Brookfield WI 53005
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule and to travel throughout the city (no overnight travel required)
- Computer experience (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Well-developed organizational skills with attention to detail
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Must enjoy working as a team member
- Good communication skills- written, verbal and phone
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, and creative
- Positive attitude and flexible
- Customer-service and relationship-building focus
- Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation
To apply send cover letter and resume (include job title in subject of email) to:
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V