Intern, Health Promotion
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Intern, Health Promotion to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to help plan, organize, and implement mission activities supporting lung health in Iowa. This is an unpaid internship available for course credit with a minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week.
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association & nonprofit operations
- Work in a team setting to achieve required/optional activities within core mission programs
- Assist with wrap up and evaluation of the May 9, 2018 Lung Force Expo, health education conference for healthcare professionals and patients living with lung disease and their caregivers
- Become knowledgeable and well versed on Iowa core mission programs
- Understand and follow branding guidelines and develop program materials and resources
- Execute a recruitment marketing plan, including social media, for Better Breather's Club support groups, Freedom From Smoking, and other core mission programs
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Public Health or related field, and eligible to receive course credit for this internship
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week from approximately June 4 through August 13, 2018
- Experience working with community groups
- Experience in the implementation and evaluation of programs
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute program deliverables
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Experience with public speaking and use of media
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend events and meetings as requested
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V