Intern, Health Promotion, Iowa
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Intern, Health Promotion to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to plan, organize, and implement mission activities supporting lung health in Iowa, specifically the Lung Force Expo in the spring. This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week and must be eligible for course credit.
- Work in a team setting to achieve required/optional activities within core mission programs.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of the May 9, 2018 Lung Force Expo health education conference for healthcare professionals and patients living with lung disease and their caregivers.
- Become knowledgeable and well versed on Iowa core mission programs.
- Understand and follow branding guidelines and develop program materials and resources.
- Recruit, train, and supervise day of event volunteers
- Execute a recruitment-marketing plan, including social media, for Better Breather’s Club support groups, the Lung Force Expo, and other core mission programs.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in public health, community health, health education, environmental health, nursing, respiratory care, or related field.
- Experience working with community groups.
- Experience in the implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong project management skills required in order to research, develop, and execute program deliverables.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies).
- Experience with public speaking and use of media.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend events and meetings as requested.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to (include job title in subject of email):
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V