Intern, Health Promotion
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Intern, Health Promotion to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to help plan, organize, and implement mission activities supporting lung health in Indiana. This is an unpaid internship available for course credit with a minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week.
- Assist with planning and event day preparation for professional health trainings, including COPD Educator Institute™ and the Lung FORCE™ Expo.
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association and nonprofit operations.
- Work in a team setting to achieve required/optional activities within core mission programs.
- Become knowledgeable and well versed in Indiana core mission programs.
- Understand and follow branding guidelines and develop program materials and resources.
- Execute a recruitment marketing plan, including social media, to support the LUNG FORCE Expo in recruiting patients and healthcare providers, planning event logistics, and assisting on event day.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate student working towards a degree in public health, community health, health education, environmental health, nursing, respiratory care, or related field required.
- Experience working with community groups.
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute program deliverables.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with public speaking and use of media.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend events and meetings as requested.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form .
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to (include job title in subject of email):
La Toija Snodgrass, MPH
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V