The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Intern, Communications to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Marketing and Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to execute strategic communications and public relations strategy. This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of at least 15 hours per week and must be eligible for course credit.
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association & nonprofit operations
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts
- Utilize website, media database, and communications documents
- Participate in learning opportunities
- Assist with general administrative and PR support, newsletters, and media outreach via traditional media and social media
- Assist in the promotion of events and programs via news releases and social media
- Assist in maintaining websites across the Upper Midwest Region
- Assist with building target media lists, media monitoring, and creating media plans for events and programs
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, be able to attend association events, and be eligible to receive course credit for successful completion of internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in marketing, communications, or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Must have the ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Comfortable speaking to patients, event participants, volunteers, & sponsors
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to (include job title in subject of email):
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V