Manager, Strategic Communications (CHI #1617-31)
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Manager, Strategic Communications to join our incredible team in our Chicago, IL Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day communications functions for media relations, social media and website management for the Upper Midwest. Collaborate with the Vice President of the Strategic Communications and Director of Digital Strategy to manage and execute media relations and social media plans throughout the year. Develop content and manage creation for the promotion of events, programs and advocacy campaigns and other communications projects (e.g. media materials, social media, web content, e-communications, public relations materials, other resources to support Upper Midwest states).
- Write and develop a variety of communication materials, including news releases, marketing materials, digital content, newsletters, and social media content.
- In coordination with the Vice President of Strategic Communications (VPSC), work with markets and offices across the Upper Midwest region on the development and execution of media plans and materials to promote special events, mission-related programs and advocacy awareness activities.
- Build and manage media plans, media lists and media monitoring reports.
- In coordination with the Director of Digital Strategy, work with markets and offices across the Upper Midwest region on the development and execution of social media plans, materials and messages to promote special events, mission-related programs and advocacy awareness activities.
- Write and design regional newsletter within internal content management system.
- Manage the Upper Midwest website content and fulfillment of content creation or changes.
- Stay up-to-date on communication trends, media strategies and social media advances.
- Support VPSC with internal design requests fulfillment management.
- Ensure communication activities build the American Lung Association brand, and seek opportunities to put brand top-of-mind for our key audiences across platforms.
- Attend Board of Directors, Local Leadership Board and other meetings as directed by VPSC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Four to six years of highly relevant experience in marketing/communications (consumer marketing or cause-related marketing experience preferred, agency background preferred).
- Excellent project management skills, including: Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines, written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong copy-writing and editing skills, including: writing concisely and persuasively for diverse audiences, in various mediums/channels, adhering to brand guidelines/tone and voice, proofreading and self-editing, editing and consolidating feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in and passion for building relationships and fostering collaboration while working with staff all across the region.
- Must have experience with: PC-based programs (preferably with MS Office), PPT design/copy (comfort with other graphic design programs preferable, but not necessary, Social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube.
- Ability to work in a cross-divisional team environment.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to drive vehicles throughout the service area (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALAUM policy).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V