Manager, Bilingual Registered Respiratory Therapist Educator (SPI #1617-35)
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Manager, Bilingual Registered Respiratory Therapist Educator to join our incredible team in our Springfield, IL Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing lung health, lung disease and cessation counseling to clients utilizing the Helpline.
- Provide information or guidance on all questions regarding lung health and tobacco cessation via Helpline technology. (telephone, chat, email), follow Helpline (HL) protocol on all responses.
- Assure all information is collected and entered into the HL database.
- Set and contact scheduled clients for counseling sessions as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Develop and apply knowledge regarding established procedures and research protocols to assist clients in developing and implementing effective strategies to quit smoking or other tobacco use.
- Become familiar with current lung disease management for purposes of counseling.
- Develop familiarity with all issues concerning the American Lung Association's four priority areas, tobacco prevention, asthma, COPD, and environmental issues.
- Develop and expand knowledge of effective counseling strategies through consultation with the direct supervisor and networking with other Helpline counselors.
- Manage a heavy caseload of single- and multiple-session clients following established clinical protocol and productivity guidelines.
- Cover for other counselors when they cannot keep their appointments. (e.g. due to illness)
- In conjunction with the Helpline Supervisor, develop a continuing education program to assure competency in lung health related issues.
- Maintain current licensure.
- Coordinate and implement mission related activities.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor deliverables, complete reports as assigned.
- Staff committees and work groups as assigned.
- Continually seeks innovative ALAUM growth.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Credentials required: Licensed Registered Respiratory Therapist with a current licensure issued by the State of Illinois' Department of Professional Regulation.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven experience in pulmonary medicine or related fields.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish; must be able to read, write and speak effectively in both languages.
- Ability to work independently in a call center.
- Must have proven skills with regards to analytical decision making, customer resource knowledge, organizing and coordinating, position-specific expertise, interpersonal understanding, teamwork/internal partnership, individual accountability, initiative, versatility, and self-management.
- Excellent written communication skills required to maintain quality documentation.
- Strong oral communication and bicultural skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, electronic transfer of data, and Internet applications.
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend schedules as assigned.
- Must have valid Driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke- free workplace, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V