Special Events/Marketing Summer Intern
City: Des Moines
The Special Events/Marketing Intern will work with the American Lung Association staff to implement their signature event – Fight For Air Climb, and engage participants across the state of Iowa.
Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association & nonprofit operations
- Become knowledgeable about Iowa mission-driven programs and the Fight For Air Climb
- Participate in staff meetings and webinar learning opportunities
- Understand branding guidelines and implementation
- Create portfolio upon completion of internship
Special Event/Marketing Work includes
- Create and manage a corporate recruitment marketing plan using the Business Record Book of Lists specific to their industry
- Assist with the development and implementation of a corporate monthly communication plan to include newsletter inserts for their company newsletter
- Assist with the preparation of the FY18 climb documents to include “deduping” lists year over year, updating documents and review/test the FY18 climb event website
Un-Paid Internship Position, must be eligible for course credit
Schedule: 10-12 Hours/week minimum
Office Location: 2530 73rd Street, Des Moines, IA 53022
- We seek an enthusiastic and reliable individual who is interested in developing a career in fundraising.
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Ability to multi-task, strong writing skills, perform in a team environment, willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Comfortable speaking to patients, volunteers, & sponsors
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume (include job title in subject of email) to:
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V