Coordinator, Tobacco Control (IA #1617-33)
City: Des Moines
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest has a great opportunity for a Coordinator, Tobacco Control to join our incredible team in our Des Moines, IA Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for successful completion of assigned/required activities for the Community Partnership tobacco control grant funded by the Iowa Department of Public Health, Division of Tobacco Use Prevention & Control
- Work in a team setting to achieve required/optional activities within the Community Partnership grant.
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Build and enhance community partnerships to achieve common goals.
- Establish relationships with local businesses and community leaders to work towards implementing tobacco and nicotine-free policy systems change.
- Communicate tobacco cessation programs available and free resources, such as Quitline Iowa, with communities and businesses in our service area.
- Implement policy and systems change in regards to tobacco control grant activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to two years of Health, Wellness or Tobacco prevention and control experience.
- Experience working with community groups.
- Experience with public speaking and use of media.
- Excellent communication skills. (written and oral)
- Knowledge of public advocacy and policy change.
- Computer literate; knowledge in Microsoft programs helpful.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend events and meetings as requested (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALAUM policy).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association in Iowa maintains a tobacco-free workplace, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is dedicated to a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V