Development Intern, Nebraska
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to implement signature events and engage participants across the state of Nebraska. This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 10-12 hours per week and must be eligible for course credit.
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association & nonprofit operations
- Become knowledgeable about Nebraska's mission-driven programs and Signature Special Events
- Participate in staff meetings and webinar learning opportunities
- Understand branding guidelines and implementation
- Create portfolio upon completion of internship
- Special Events
- Assist with volunteer communication, outreach, and recruitment
- Create, disseminate and manage marketing and promotion
- Utilize internet & traditional marketing resources to advertise event (social media)
- Assist in securing in-kind donations
- Assist with mailings
- Assist with data entry
- Assist development team in event participant troubleshooting
- Coordinate thank-you letters, recognition for sponsors, contributors, participants, and volunteers
- Recruitment, coaching, and thank-you phone calls
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in fundraising
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Must have the ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Comfortable speaking to patients, volunteers, & sponsors
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V