Development Intern, Missouri
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working alongside members of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with American Lung Association staff to promote and execute signature fundraising events and activities across Greater St. Louis, specifically focusing on the Fight for Air Climb and the LUNG FORCE Gala. This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of at least 15 hours per week and must be eligible for course credit.
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association & nonprofit operations
- Become knowledgeable about Greater St. Louis mission-driven programs and Signature Events
- Special Events
- Assist with volunteer communication, outreach, and recruitment
- Create & disseminate materials for event promotion
- Utilize internet & traditional marketing resources for event advertisement
- Assist in securing in-kind donations
- Create thank you letters and other recognition for sponsors, contributors, participants & volunteers
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in fundraising
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Must have the ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Comfortable speaking to event participants, volunteers, & sponsors
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V