Associate, Registration Intake (SPI #1819-18)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Associate, Registration Intake (2 positions available) to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member HelpLine Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing the initial supportive services for the Illinois Tobacco QuitLine. Primary responsibilities include triage of all incoming calls, fax and e-referrals to determine what service line can provide the best information requested by the client; handle all request for literature as requested by the client. This is a grant-funded position.
- Answer Quitline inbound calls in a professional and helpful manner; building rapport with callers by displaying an engaging, kind and helpful attitude.
- Provide outstanding service to callers/visitors – either over the phone or in person.
- Assist callers by providing information, answering questions and/or directing calls/inquiries as necessary.
- Create forms, reference codes and maintain tracking system for referral partner program.
- Identify and/or escalate issues for resolution.
- Complete calls or requests in a manner that maintains quality and quantity.
- Make outbound phone calls in response to any inquiries, questions or other follow up.
- Perform data entry into the Salesforce CRM system and ROI/CONVIO system.
- Follow Quitline protocol on all responses.
- Assist in assembling and mailing appropriate requested material.
- Receiving, sorting and routing mail or other inter-office communication.
- Maintain a neat and clean lobby/reception area for visitors and staff.
- Provide any other support as needed to teams, departments, managers and other staff.
- Continually seek innovative ALA growth.
- High School Diploma or GED. Educational experience such as having taken business courses or earned an Associate degree or certification.
- Previous experience as a customer service rep, receptionist, call center agent, data entry clerk, or another similar role.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone and demonstrate good customer service.
- Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to handle a “call center” environments; manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate with deadline sensitive goals and objectives.
- Ability to work flexible schedule – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Critical skills required including analytical decision making, customer resource knowledge, organizing and coordinating, position-specific expertise, interpersonal understanding, teamwork/internal partnership, individual accountability, initiative, versatility and self-management.
- Proficiency with a diverse assortment of software programs, applications and systems such as MS Office Suite and typing skills (at least 50 wpm).
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V