Program Manager (AZ #1718-115)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Program Manager to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Programs Team you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing smoke-free living projects and initiatives. Overall project goals focus on influencing policy change toward increased smoke-free living environments, including multi-family apartment communities. Most work will take place in Pima County along with some assignments to provide support to outlying counties via in-person trips/meetings and support via phone and email. Work will be carried out through verbal, written assignments, and performance targets compatible with the purpose, goals and objectives outlined in the program of work. This is a grant-funded position.
- Conduct outreach and develop relationships with decision-makers, such as property managers and other stakeholders in the multi-family housing (MFH) market.
- Educate stakeholders on issues around smoke-free housing in one-on-one meetings or larger events.
- Coordinate support for multi-family community stakeholders as they adopt smoke-free policies.
- Work closely with and support strategic partners engaged in smoke-free efforts.
- Assist in development of educational and promotional materials aimed at audiences, such as multi-family community managers or residents.
- Collaborate with program staff and consultants on creating key media messages, social media and website content, and other educational tools.
- Recruit, train, coordinate and guide ALAA volunteers and Arizona Smoke-Free Living Coalition members to support program staff in outreach, education, and other program activities.
- Document critical steps in planning and managing the Smoke-Free Living Program.
- Deliver presentations, educating select audiences on smoke-free living.
- Assist in planning and implementation of projects, such as STAND and Kick Butts Day events.
- Utilize Salesforce database on a regular basis to conduct data entry and create/analyze reports.
- Promote tobacco cessation program activities to ensure maximum community participation
- Recruit and organize volunteers for tobacco cessation program activities
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the Freedom From Smoking program and the volunteers providing these programs on behalf of ALA-Arizona in the Pima County community.
- Ensure that program grant reports are submitted in accordance with funding guidelines and deadlines.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with community agencies and organizations to promote smoking cessation.
- Implement and maintain records for community partners, contacts, and facilitators
- Order & maintain supply list for tobacco cessation materials
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of two years of experience in health program management required.
- Experience in working with volunteers and in tobacco control strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication—written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing and delivering persuasive presentations.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office products and databases.
- Strong awareness of community resources geared toward those with chronic disease.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English preferred.
- Travel required, including to rural counties.
- Must have daily access to an automobile for local field activities.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V