Manager, Tobacco Cessation and Prevention (CO # 1718-04)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Tobacco Cessation Prevention to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member Programs Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the implementation of mission activities in Colorado.
- Oversee and manage statewide youth cessation program – N-O-T (Not on Tobacco).
- Recruit high schools to implement N-O-T.
- Train school personnel to implement N-O-T.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to schools throughout the year as N-O-T is implemented.
- Manage N-O-T grants including program budget to track income and expenses and create quarterly reports.
- Work with evaluators to analyze and compile the evaluation of the N-O-T program as well as prepare the final report.
- Plan and implement N-O-T Facilitator Summits (as funding allows).
- Additional responsibilities include supporting other tobacco cessation and prevention efforts.
- Support the FFS (Freedom from Smoking) program and follow-up to FFS sites.
- Conduct trainings and assisting with the One Step secondhand smoke education program for early childhood educators.
- Provide public education and community outreach on programs and tobacco related topics through the state of Colorado.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health education, business/marketing, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with community health education or outreach programs.
- Comfortable speaking in public.
- Experience facilitating groups and/or conducting trainings is a plus.
- Computer skills/knowledge needed; Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Team player and multi-task oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility with organizational growth and change.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V