Director, Program (AZ #1718-65)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Director, Program to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member Programs Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out smoke-free living initiative in Arizona. Under supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for implementation of statewide program activities for the American Lung Association in Arizona. Work is carried out through verbal, written assignments, and performance targets compatible with the purpose, goals and objectives outlined in the written performance based management system.
- Supervise program staff, build effective relationships among employees, and foster a spirit of collaboration and mission.
- Supervise the program activities pursuant to the goals for the Arizona smoke-free living initiative including but not limited to: special events, coalition development, community education, data collection and management, AZSmokeFreeLiving website, public relations, media plan, and evaluation.
- Serve as the lead advocate for the Arizona Smoke-Free Living initiative.
- Manage the grant writing process to secure funding from the Arizona Department of Health Services/Maricopa County Department of Public Health and additional funding resources.
- Lead and manage regular communications among internal and external program staff.
- Submit monthly progress reports including accomplishments, program activities, progress on grant deliverables, and other projects to the Executive Director.
- Participate in training opportunities, including webinars and other professional development opportunities.
- Identify and establish strategic and sustained relationships with program partners and other leaders, multi-family housing and health communities.
- Assist with grant writing and fundraising to support the program and the Northern Arizona office.
- Keep the Executive Director informed of problems, trends, and progress on achieving program goals.
- Monitor budgets and exercise control over expenditure of program funds.
- Implement portions of ALASW program of work, strategic plan, and related activities as assigned
- Review job description annually and discuss with Executive Director.
- Support fundraising events and activities in the Northern Arizona office.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university or cogent equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years strong supervisory and management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills, with an ability to coach, motivate and develop staff.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend meetings as requested.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V