Coordinator, Communications (CO #1718-54)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Coordinator, Communications to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Development you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to the communication and lung health and air quality programs in the Colorado office. The responsibilities include but are not limited to, conducting internet research, data recording, database management, preparing reports, handling information requests via phone and e-mail, preparing correspondence and receiving visitors. This position is grant-funded.
- Update and develop content for program and event websites.
- Implement social media strategy and content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms.
- Ensure press releases, letters to the editor, and similar material are disseminated in a professional and timely manner to a variety of news agencies.
- Responsible for brand management and consistency across all communication platforms.
- Development of email and donor stewardship communications.
- Assist with the data maintenance and communication as needed for the Healthy Air and Lung Health programs.
- Have a general understanding of all programs and be able to speak knowledgably about them.
- Help with miscellaneous projects as they arise.
- Participate in trainings and learning opportunities as determined by Executive Director.
- Assist with logistical planning for events as needed (determine location; prepare handouts; registration; room set-up; A/V, catering, etc.)
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent phone and verbal communication skills with ability to seek business/organizational partnerships through phone calling and email
- Excellent command of internet searching, email, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of social media and the strengths and weaknesses of the various platforms
- Able to quickly learn and manage database programs
- Flexibility in dealing with organizational growth and change
- Proven ability to efficiently manage many tasks at once
- Willing to work independently as well as with a team
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Professional maturity and judgment
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Takes on a solution-based attitude when it comes to problem solving
- Must have a positive attitude and show commitment to the ALA mission
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V