Community Outreach Coordinator (CO #1718-141)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Community Outreach Coordinator to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will serve as lead staff person for the One Step secondhand smoke grant. You will also provide support to the NOT (Not on Tobacco) program assisting teens with smoking cessation and Freedom from Smoking adult cessation program. Additional responsibilities include public education, outreach, and resource referral for tobacco-related topics as well as asthma and other lung diseases. This is a grant funded position.
- Oversee statewide One Step Program
- Recruit sites serving low income parents to provide education about secondhand smoke and aerosol (e-cigarettes) and benefits of smoke-free/aerosol free policies and places.
- Train organization staff on the One Step Program and information
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to One Step sites
- Monitor One Step web site activity and updates
- Work with evaluators to analyze and compile the evaluation of the One Step program as well as prepare the final report
- Additional responsibilities include supporting other tobacco cessation and prevention efforts
- Support the NOT (teen cessation program) to include recruitment of sites, providing technical assistance, conducting trainings, data entry
- Support the FFS (Freedom from Smoking) program and follow-up to FFS sites
- Provide public education and community outreach on programs and topics related to tobacco use and lung disease through the state of Colorado.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health education, business/marketing, or related field preferred
- At least one year of experience working with community health education or outreach programs
- Comfortable speaking in public
- Experience facilitating groups and/or conducting trainings is a plus
- Computer skills/knowledge needed; Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Team player and multi-task oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with organizational growth and change
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V