Associate, Health Promotion (AZ #1718-161)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Associate, Health Promotion to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion and Education Team you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for Smoke-Free Living projects and initiatives as well as conducting outreach and education in the community. Overall project goals focus on influencing policy change toward increased Smoke-Free Living environments, including multi-family apartment communities. Work activities will take place primarily in Maricopa County but may occasionally extend to outlying counties. This is a grant funded position.
- Support the Arizona Smoke Free Living coalition with tasks, such as note taking, agenda development, creative input, managing projects, and other administrative/management support
- Provide logistical support for workshops, events, and meetings by managing, registration list, name badges, supplies, evaluation survey, set up, etc.
- Lead data management overseeing data entry conducted by team members, inputting data as needed, pulling reports, generating mass emails, and coaching or training other database users
- Manage inventory of ASFL collateral materials and organize items for events
- Assist with social media message development and scheduling (i.e. Sprout Social)
- Assist with AZSmokeFreeLiving.org website reviews, maintenance, and directory management under the direction of program director
- Field resident complaints and collaborate with team/coalition members on processing and responses under the direction of program director
- Coordinate volunteer projects on behalf of the team, as needed
- Support office through participation on committees and events
- Participation in American Lung Association initiatives, including LUNG FORCE Walk and other related events.
- Other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required
- At least 1 year of solid administrative assistant/receptionist experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with ability to focus, multi-task, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), databases (i.e. Salesforce), and the Internet
- Strong and consistent attention to detail and accuracy, including proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Excellent communication—written, oral, and presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile for local field activities.
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required to accommodate stakeholder requests.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V