Administrative Assistant (AZ #1718-118)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Administrative Team you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining smooth daily operations in the Phoenix office including equipment, supplies, mail processing and data entry/management. Serve as a point of contact with donors, volunteers, and vendors; greet and direct all callers, visitors, and guest to the office. Additional responsibilities are varied depending on the current staffing needs.
- Facilitate community representation and manage all daily operations for the local office.
- Demonstrate a 'constituent first' level of service by ensuring that requests for service and support (phone, email, etc.) are quickly addressed and/or routed to the staff most equipped to do so.
- Serve as the first contact for incoming calls and direct the calls to the appropriate staff or resource. Manage office equipment and serve as point of contact for office vendors and office equipment maintenance. Work with local director to ensure smooth office operations, including but not limited to bidding, updating contracts, and maintaining files for equipment services, phone/IT, janitorial services, etc.
- Review, sort and manage all incoming mail and direct to the appropriate person.
- Keep the reception area neat and replenish publications as needed
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Complete check requests for any office bills that need to be paid
- Manage the board member donor acknowledgement process
- Entry of all donations received into appropriate online platform.
- Acknowledge gifts as directed using nationwide business rules.
- Ensure that appropriate donation entry is conducted for donations submitted by others on behalf of our constituents (e.g. matching gifts, donor advised funds, etc.)
- Correct misdirected donations to ensure they honor the donor intent
- Complete Charitable Giving Applications – send speakers bureau representatives to workplaces as requested.
- Process office deposits; prepare deposit documentation and perform data entry of incoming monies
- Make necessary changes to constituent records in the various online platforms to support the constituent and staff needs related to development, marketing and mission related activities
- Maintain accurate and clean donor files (merging duplicate records, maintaining groups/segments, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of what reports to run through the various online platforms to retrieve data required for business management and operations
- Coordinate and oversee volunteer program; recruit and assign volunteers to represent ALA at health fairs. Maintain all volunteer listings/job descriptions/applications
- Orient daily office volunteers and serve as point of contact
- Ensure all events/programs/volunteers are entered and marked appropriately, recruit and assign duties for special events
- Process all health fair requests and determine which the Association will participate, ensure health boxes are inventoried, packed and ready to go to a fair
- Assist Executive Director with various administrative tasks as requested
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills working as part of an internal team and with external volunteers.
- Ability to organize and multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate and work independently for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and experience using database systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Bi-lingual skills in English/Spanish a plus
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V