Health Promotions Manager (FL #1718-89)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Health Promotions Manager to join our incredible team in the Southeast Region. Working as a member Program / Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and implementing area program goals and assisting with securing funds through grants, underwriting and other sources to fund mission-based activities.
- Develop a plan and implement health promotion activities consistent with the area's program of work including but not limited to:
- Serve as the Team Lead for Expos in Florida.
- Plan and implement the Orlando LUNG FORCE Expo reaching area goals for participants and assist in reaching event income goals. Recruit and manage active members for the planning committee to assist with the planning and implementation of the event.
- Secure and maintain Better Breathers Clubs and facilitators utilizing COPD prevalence to determine targeted areas of expansion. Grow by 10% annually.
- Implement Asthma Basics programs reaching area's participant goals.
- Identify opportunities to expand Freedom From Smoking, including Freedom From Smoking Plus, within the area.
- Support the Lung Cancer Support Group in Central Florida.
- Identify and apply for grant revenue to support signature and other ALA programs consistent with strategic imperatives
- Support area's LUNG FORCE activities including identifying LUNG FORCE Heroes, securing illuminations, securing media supporters, etc.
- Participate in and support all area events.
- Serve on regional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Develop recommendations for area health promotion budget.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers to implement health promotion activities and raise funds to support the activities.
- Develop and submit timely report as required by the association or funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the Association CRM data base, monthly management reports, and program metrics reports.
- Develop relationships with elected officials and serve as a local resource on the association advocacy issues as assigned.
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the American Lung Association’s mission.
- Develop relationships with major media outlets in the area and serve as the resource for information related to program activities.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in health education or related field.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated successful experience in public health sector or other health related activities.
- Possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, data and constituent management systems.
- Possess ability to handle stressful situations including achieving goals set by association, unplanned calls for action related to advocacy, and other situations requiring a quick solution.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend meetings and functions as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALA policy.)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V