Temporary Part-Time Program Manager, NYS Asthma Coalitions (NE #1718-24)
City: West Seneca
State: New York
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Temporary Part-Time Program Manager, NYS Asthma Coalitions to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Programs Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Director on all facets of coalition activities including participating in coalition committee activities and special projects, providing Asthma education in schools and communities and assisting the Director with grant writing as needed.
- Assist the Director to attract/recruit/maintain relationships with key partners and individuals who demonstrate strong competencies and qualifications, as well as the interests of the coalition.
- Assist Director to coordinate, support and facilitate health professional/coalition committees.
- Work with Director on community, project and population based needs assessments and work plan development, including strategic planning.
- Maintain current understanding of all coalition initiatives and guidelines.
- Serve as trained facilitator for education programs.
- Assist the Director with data analysis and report preparation for grant related outcomes.
- Assist to develop and write education materials and to design, implement and evaluate various educational programs including workshops, self-study, computer based one-to-one; and ALA core programs.
- Work with community events and organizations, cultural, philanthropic and other organizations to promote Asthma awareness and outreach.
- Identify and facilitate relationships with vendors and providers who deliver high quality programs, customized to meet the needs of the organization.
- Mobilize the community to take action for Asthma issues.
- Develop and manage newsletter, social media and listserv memberships.
- Maintain and update the Coalition website regularly.
- Interact with local media. Participate in local conference and meetings.
- Attend state-wide meetings as directed by the grant deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in health education or related field and/or BSN.
- Minimum of five years of public health, health education experience or related field.
- Asthma Educator Certification (AE-C) or ability to work toward certification a plus.
- Commitment to the mission of the American Lung Association, specifically Asthma & Tobacco Control.
- Strategic thinker that is able to multi-task and attend to details.
- Project oriented, dynamic, energetic with demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Exceptional written/oral communication and presentation skills, action oriented, political savvy.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers.
- Must be a self-directed and independent worker and at the same time be a supportive and contributing member of the team environment to effectively represent the ALA and coalition.
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle with the willingness to travel throughout assigned geographic area as needed (approximately 30% of time).
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V