Part-Time Operations & Support Assistant (NY #1718-32)
State: New York
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Part-Time Operations & Support Assistant to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the fundraising and mission activities in Western New York. (Rochester and Buffalo Markets)
- Responsible for timely data entry and donation deposits.
- Generate donor acknowledgement reports and coordinate mailings.
- Assist in recruitment strategies for special events by attending community tabling events, participating in prospect and retention calls, and posting event details on community calendars.
- Ensure leadership board meetings are coordinated and meeting information is communicated to members.
- Attend leadership board meetings to record meeting minutes.
- Coordinate volunteer activities in the office and at special events in Western New York.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Prior special event support or volunteer management experience.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Strong understanding of database systems.
- Hold valid driver's license and be able/willing to attend events as requested. (Travel/mileage reimbursed according to ALA policy).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V