Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications (CHI #1718-88)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications to join our incredible team. Working as a member Marketing & Communications you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing nationwide graphic design, video production and LUNG FORCE marketing and communication needs and other key projects as needed. Work closely with the LUNG FORCE team and the Marketing & Communications team to develop marketing strategy and provide media relations support, as well as project manage and implement graphic design and video production.
General Marketing Accountabilities
- Manage the nationwide graphic design helpdesk, prioritizing projects for graphic design team, writing and approving copy, providing direction and support of materials for nationwide staff.
- Manage nationwide video production needs, overseeing video production and approval process, as well as supporting in-house video creation.
- Author articles, web updates and blog posts for Lung.org
- Develop and support best in-class marketing programs supporting other assigned American Lung Association campaigns
LUNG FORCE Accountabilities
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications, and LUNG FORCE teams to serve the organization's needs for marketing plans and promotional content
- Collaborate in the development of strategies on priority assets outside of main pulse periods (e.g., World Lung Cancer Day, Giving Tuesday, EOY Giving, World Cancer Day, National Cancer Survivors Day, LUNG FORCE Walks, LUNG FORCE Expos, lung cancer research, Pilot Signature Events) with an eye toward constituent engagement and pathways
- Develop LUNG FORCE marketing collateral, advertising, video needs and other creative assets
- Create and maintain an Influencer Engagement Program with "everyday Heroes" and celebrity talent who lost a parent, sibling or friend to lung cancer, and wants to share their stories
- Direct the planning, development and execution of LUNG FORCE Hero engagement during LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day
- Work with Director, Media Relations, to identify and manage recruitment and relationships of celebrity talent for a national media outreach, as well as talent social channels
- Lead the development of LUNG FORCE field communications and engagement strategies
- Support digital strategy integration and execution of LUNG FORCE constituent emails and social media strategy
- Support corporate partner and cause marketing LUNG FORCE campaigns, under direction of Director, Marketing Programs
- Collaborate with Director, Media Relations, to extend reach of LUNG FORCE campaign, monitor news related to lung cancer and LUNG FORCE.
- Under the direction of the Director, Media Relations, write media materials, including press releases, press statements, OpEds, LTEs, talking points & social media related to our key messages.
- Bachelors' Degree in Marketing or related required.
- Five to seven years of experience in marketing, communications, managing graphic design, and/or production.
- Health education and/or cause marketing experience a plus.
- Experience in carrying out effective strategy and execution of marketing campaigns and media relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro (or other video editing software).
- Knowledge of Cision a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motived, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to drive change and manage performance in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, along with the ability to influence individuals to move projects forward.
- Ability to work individually or on a team with limited direct supervision.
- Strong, analytical and problem-solving skills with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Keen understanding of current marketing trends.
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V